The 2011 political and news stories that had impact – a lot of irony and considerable strangeness.
1. Hancock Denver’s new mayor. Aurora changes guard.
2. Democrats lose 2010 election; win 2011 redistricting.
3. Voters say no to Proposition 103. Court in Lobato says yes to billions in new school funding.
4. Removing Denver’s Zuccotti Park lights up state capital grounds.
5. After twenty years of fighting taxes, not paying them gets Bruce locked up.
6. Time to rename the Sullivan Detention Center.
7. Weld County became fracking Saudi Arabia.
8. Medical marijuana is okay, but local distributors are out.
9. Stock Show rustlers headed off at pass.
10. For a moment, Tebow took us to heaven.